Designed especially for writers, producers, and others working within the industry (as well as those who would like to be!) this course will provide participants with a strong development ‘system’ that will apply to any future project, and at the same time bring a new idea to life.
Topics will include:
- Finding the ‘hook’ – the key to any successful series
- Creating and developing your hero
- Building a strong, organic world
- Secondary characters that support your hero
- The important element of conflict
- Making sure the property has ‘legs’ and can sustain a long-running series
- The stories – Where do great stories come from and how to stay creative
- Knowing your genre and understanding your target audience
- How to clearly express your idea/concept and avoid the ‘fluff’
- The Art of the Pitch
The Intensive Three Day workshop will be followed by writing time and feedback on concepts from Barbara. There will then be a pitching day on the 10th of September. The morning will be prepared with Barbara, followed by an afternoon of informal pitching with two commissioners who will provide feedback.
For further information, please visit:
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, July 3, 2019, at 10 am.