More great news for those of you who are looking to upskill!
IADT has just launched a new Certificate in Production Management for Animation in association with Animation Skillnet and Screen Skills Ireland via Springboard+.
The course is a 14-week long course with classes beginning on Friday the 27th of September and running until Saturday the 11th of January.
Rónán Ó Muirthile, Head of Department of Film & Media at IADT explains:
“It is clear from our dealings with industry that there is a dearth of production managers and coordinators focused on Animation. Here we are responding to that need and with the help of Screen Skills Ireland and Animation Skillnet, we have developed a programme that responds to that gap. We are building capacity and educating future industry leaders.”
This certificate offers the skills to manage animation productions from concept development to final delivery - and everything in between, providing learners with a command of the practical management of industry standard digital animation productions, primarily 2D animation but also 3D and VFX.
This course presents the opportunity to gain and develop practical production skills specifically for the animation industry, to keep pace with the ever-changing technology and practices and its use in animation production.
By the end of the programme a learner should be able to:
1. Command the range of technology pipelines relating to animation production.
2. Evaluate the roles and functions of individual crew members, particularly heads of department, during pre-production, production, and post-production in animation.
3. Appraise Animation Studio Practices, pipelines and processes
4. Manage an animation production and crew towards completion.
5. Prepare a production schedule, script breakdown and budget for animation from initial concept through to final delivery.
6. Critique the role of the production department in the realisation of a screen project.
For further information, please visit:
Deadline for applications is Friday, August 3, 2019.