We are thrilled to finally share the news of our new Netflix series Karma's World!
Read the full press release from Netflix below, and watch this space for more news to come.
CHRIS BRIDGES BRINGS HIS NEW ANIMATED MUSICAL KIDS SERIES KARMA’S WORLD TO NETFLIX
— New animated series created in partnership with 9 Story Media Group and Karma’s World Entertainment—
- Netflix, 9 Story Media Group and Karma’s World Entertainment announce a new CG animated series, Karma’s World, created by multi-award-winning American rapper, actor, producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Chris “Ludacris” Bridges.
- The 40 x 11 minute episode series for children ages 6-9 is a coming of age story about a young Black girl finding her voice and using it to change her world—originally inspired by Chris’s oldest daughter Karma and based on the interactive educational website of the same name created by Karma’s World Entertainment in 2009.
- The series is produced in partnership with 9 Story’s Oscar-nominated, Dublin-based studio Brown Bag Films and its Emmy Award-winning Creative Affairs Group as well as Karma’s World Entertainment, Chris Bridges’s production company.
- Logline: Karma’s World follows 10-year-old Karma Grant, an aspiring musical artist and rapper with big talent and an even bigger heart. Smart, resilient, and deeply empathetic, Karma pours her soul into songwriting, channeling her feelings into whip-smart rhymes with passion, courage and her signature brand of humor. In this series, Karma is only beginning to grasp the incredible emotional power that words and music can have. She doesn’t just want to share her music with the world…she wants to change the world with it!
- Creator / Executive Producer: Chris Bridges (Fast and Furious Franchise, Fear Factor, Crash)
- Executive Producers: Vince Commisso, Cathal Gaffney, Darragh O’Connell, Angela C. Santomero, Wendy Harris and Jennie Stacey from 9 Story Media Group (Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Blue’s Clues)
- The series will feature original songs which tackle issues such as self-esteem, body positivity, discrimination, creativity, expressing emotions, friendship, family, leadership, celebrating differences and more. Sound design and original music are created and supervised by Chris Bridges and James Bennett Jr., and produced by Gerald Keys.
- Chris Bridges, Creator and Executive Producer:
- “I’ve had a lot of accomplishments in my life, but everything that I’ve experienced seems to have led up to this point to where I can leave a legacy for all my daughters. Karma’s World is one of those legacies. I hope this series will show kids that there are many ways to overcome difficult situations. This show is going to move hip hop culture forward, and show young girls that they have the power to change the world. This project has been a long time in the making and I can’t wait to bring Karma’s World to the entire world.”
- Angela Santomero, Chief Creative Officer for 9 Story Media Group:
- “It has been an absolute privilege to work with Chris to bring his vision of Karma to life. Karma is a character who does not yet exist on kids' TV. She is a powerful, empowering role model who uses her words and music to bring about change in her community. Kids who watch Karma’s World will be inspired to use creativity as a vehicle for self-expression, and the series furthers 9 Story’s commitment to creating diverse content for children that encourages them to find their voice and follow their dreams.”
ABOUT CHRIS BRIDGES
Chris Bridges sometimes professionally known as “Ludacris” is a successful actor, producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist as well as one of pop music’s most successful recording artists. Chris currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia. His love for his community led him to found The Ludacris Foundation (TLF), in 2001. This nonprofit organization seeks to inspire youth through education and memorable experiences and to uplift families and communities, while fostering economic development. For more information on TLF check out theludacrisfoundation.org.
ABOUT KARMA’S WORLD ENTERTAINMENT
Karmas’ World Entertainment, founded by Chris Bridges, is an entertainment media company dedicated to helping kids develop self-esteem, healthy living, creativity and leadership skills through fun music and problem-solving educational programs, with an appreciation for diversity.
ABOUT 9 STORY MEDIA GROUP
9 Story Media Group is a leading creator, producer and distributor of kids and family focused intellectual property. Its award-winning animation studio, Brown Bag Films, is recognized around the world for best-in-class brands such as Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Octonauts, Wild Kratts, Blue’s Clues and You! and The Magic School Bus: Rides Again. The company’s international distribution arm, 9 Story Distribution International based in Dublin, represents 4,200 half-hours of animated and live-action programming, seen on some of the most respected international channels and platforms. Its in-house consumer products division, 9 Story Brands, builds international entertainment brands for kids, with expertise across creative, brand marketing, and licensing. 9 Story's Creative Affairs Group creates, develops and produces award winning branded properties using groundbreaking formative research. With facilities in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali, 9 Story Media Group employs nearly 1100 creative and corporate staff. www.9story.com
ABOUT BROWN BAG FILMS
Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. With studio locations in Dublin, Toronto, Manchester and Bali, Brown Bag Films creates cutting-edge animation for the international market. Founded in Dublin, Ireland in 1994 by Managing Director Cathal Gaffney and Creative Director Darragh O’Connell, and acquired by 9 Story Media Group in 2015, Brown Bag Films is 100% creatively-driven with a focus on producing the highest quality, cross-platform animation with strong stories and engaging characters. The studio’s much-loved TV shows are viewed by millions of children worldwide and include Doc McStuffins, Daniel Tiger’s Neighbourhood, Henry Hugglemonster, Bing, Peter Rabbit, Wild Kratts, The Magic School Bus: Rides Again, and Vampirina. Brown Bag Films has earned numerous awards and nominations including seventeen Emmy® Awards and two Oscar nominations. www.brownbagfilms.com